Thursday, August 9, 2012
I'll Miss the Laughter the Most
Feeling super sad tonight. Our youngest daughter, Ali, is moving out of town next week. She and her husband, Louis, are newlyweds and Louis has been offered a wonderful career opportunity in San Antonio. I always thought Ali would live within a five mile radius of our home...selfish I know, but it's what I imagined. Probably because when she was younger she wouldn't even spend the night away from home...loved her own bed. Our oldest daughter, Amy, is having her first baby (Henry) and our first grandchild in a few weeks, so of course I wish Ali was going to be nearby to watch her new nephew grow up. Things are changing so fast...sometimes I feel like I'm on a treadmill and it keeps getting faster and faster. I'll be turning 55 in a few weeks so that's one more change I have to look forward to...becoming a Senior Citizen without a Bucket List! Why is it called a Bucket List any way? It's not IN a bucket or SHAPED like a bucket. Just asked Kirby and he said it's regarding things you want to accomplish before you "kick the bucket"....that makes total sense. Kirby knows a LOT about a LOT of things...he's the King of Trivia. He's also a man of many talents. He built me a corner breakfast bench for our 34th wedding anniversary and I LOVE IT! We often refer to our old house as the "Money Pit" because we have literally worked on it since we bought it nearly twenty years ago! If our home could talk it would tell of a loving, caring family who enjoys spending time together and laughing a lot!!! Which brings me back to Ali...I think the laughter is what I'll miss the most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment