Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Life goes on...

Good grief! I decided to blog thirty minutes ago and I JUST NOW figured out how to put up a new post! Getting old stinks...I can't remember how to do anything any more!!! Now I've already forgotten what I was going to BLOG ABOUT!  Not to mention, I couldn't remember my password because I keep having to change it and I couldn't find the piece of paper I wrote it on! Ugh...well now, let me see if I can gather my thoughts...

Amy is officially over-due now and the only one who knows when Henry will make his appearance is God. After all, HE created Henry so it only makes sense that HE would guide him out! Henry has been prayed for by so many people over the past nine months that I know the timing of his delivery will be nothing less than perfect!  I cannot WAIT to see Amy as a Mother!!!!! She will be amazing and a natural at it with her calm, cool demeanor and LOVE of children. I am really looking forward to this new chapter of life...can't wait to be a Lolli!!!! :-)

Ali and Louis seem to be settling in nicely at their new place. I'm so proud of her for venturing out fearlessly to check out new stores and restaurants...I'd still be locked in my new home afraid of strangers. I do that NOW and I've lived in Spring all my life! She told me yesterday that she felt 'at home' because she was shopping at Hobby Lobby...yes, she IS my daughter.

I turned 55 last Friday and enjoyed a fun day of lunch at the Cheesecake Factory with my long-time friend, Pauline, followed by a lovely dinner at Landry's with our children. I'm a creature of habit and I treasure our family traditions. The only thing missing was breakfast in bed with the girls, but sometimes things have to change. Maybe next year...  So far I haven't used my Senior Citizen Discount, but the day is young and I do get a 10% off at Ross on Tuesdays. Hmmm...today IS Tuesday so I think I'll check it out...and maybe whatever other Senior Citizen Discounts are out there. There ARE perks to getting older...things are looking up!!!

1 comment:

  1. How could I got to Hobby Lobby and NOT think of you! We've spent so many hours in there! Haha :) Can't wait to make curtains!

    ReplyDelete